[erlang-questions] [ANN] erlang.mk 1.0

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sun Aug 3 16:08:11 CEST 2014

On 08/03/2014 01:56 PM, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
>> That's something that could be added as a plugin once an appropriate way is
>> figured out.
>
> At the moment I see that a 'plugin' is just a piece of code which in
> the end gets concatenated to `erlang.mk` (see build.config and
> Makefile). Not really possible to make a 'non-official' plugin.
> Therefore, maybe we should call them `modules` instead?

It's called plugins because you can just "include theplugin.mk" if you
want. The build tool that comes with erlang.mk allows you to build
everything into a single file which is easier to work with, but you
don't have to use it that way.

> Are there any plans to support real plugins, which erlang.mk would be
> the core, and stuff could be added to it per-project? Something like
> plugins in rebar -- you can extend rebar with a plugin in your
> repository if you like.

You can extend erlang.mk directly in your Makefile or in your own
include files, but it's better if you add to the main repository as a
plugin and let other people benefit from it.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu