[erlang-questions] [ANN] erlang.mk 1.0

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Sun Aug 3 13:56:05 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
> That's something that could be added as a plugin once an appropriate way is
> figured out.

At the moment I see that a 'plugin' is just a piece of code which in
the end gets concatenated to `erlang.mk` (see build.config and
Makefile). Not really possible to make a 'non-official' plugin.
Therefore, maybe we should call them `modules` instead?

Are there any plans to support real plugins, which erlang.mk would be
the core, and stuff could be added to it per-project? Something like
plugins in rebar -- you can extend rebar with a plugin in your
repository if you like.

I haven't used erlang.mk to be honest (maybe the whole 'real plugin'
thing is not applicable?), but it's something I've been willing to do
for a while now. But since you mentioned, I would be interested in how
you are going to approach this.

Motiejus