[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 17.0 and android

Josh Adams josh.rubyist@REDACTED
Mon Apr 21 16:02:06 CEST 2014

So I've written an app that spawns an erlang node on the device for the
purpose of remotely controlling a RaspberryPi device via Erlang
distribution.  Would there be any way to use Erlang4Android as a dependency
of another app?  I did end up using your compiled Erlang distribution,
because I cross-compiled for my device successfully but it was missing some
of the erlang binaries inexplicably - so I punted :)

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Erik Reitsma <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will update my Erlang4Android (https://code.google.com/p/erlang4android/)
> to 17.0 soon (this week, I hope). I have it working on my own device, I
> just need to add the interface to the Android functions from Scripting
> Layer for Android (SL4A). I want to use the $handle_undefined_function
> instead of hacking the error handler as I did with the R16 version.
> Most of the work I did for Erlang4Android is included in the official
> release of 17.0, but not all (which I found out when I tried to run the
> build without modifications).
>
> I see no need to root the device (for installing Erlang) if you use my
> installer.
>
> Regards,
> *Erik.
>

> On 04/21/2014 12:59 PM, Dmitry Kolesnikov wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is a HOW TO docs. They covers build procedure and release
>> preparation. However, there is not any silver bullet for deployment into
>> device. If you are looking OTP deployment to high-end device then you might
>> need to root it. I managed to deploy it into device using RnD mode and adb
>> tool. What is your target device?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Dmitry
>>
>>> -|-|-(*>
>>> On 21 Apr 2014, at 13:10, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there any doc somewhere about the recent cross-platform android build
>>> addition? How to use a builded Erlang on this platform?
>>>
>>> - benoit

Josh Adams