[erlang-questions] how do you build your releases with/without rebar?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Sun Apr 13 19:13:18 CEST 2014

I tried to develop erlyvideo as a set of separate libraries in separate
repositories.
It was a horror.
Problem is in tools. It is very hard to lock specific configuration of
application and sublibraries with rebar or git.

Problem is folllowing: when you are doing bisect or just revert to some
specific version, you get problems with going through all libraries and
revert them back.

All this is just a problem of tools. For example ruby bundler will not
start application untill all libraries are of proper version.

So as for me I prefer to keep in common repo all libraries that are not
used in any other apps. Extraction into separate repository means that this
library has stable and clear api and will be reused in other apps.

I don't see what for to split erlang into separate repo