[erlang-questions] Erlang 17 issue with dialyzer and nowarn_deprecated_type

Shayan Pooya shayan@REDACTED
Fri Apr 11 16:03:05 CEST 2014

Hello,

In order to make Disco compile with Erlang 17 without warnings, I added
nowarn_deprecated_type to silence the warnings.  However, after doing so,
dialyzer fails with the following error:

ddfs_master.erl:345: Attempt to test for inequality between a term of type
'false' and a term of opaque type 'false' | gb_set()

(
https://github.com/discoproject/disco/blob/develop/master/src/ddfs/ddfs_master.erl#L345
)

Oddly enough, a simple s/gb_set()/gb_sets:gb_set()/g in this file fixes
this issue but I do not want to do that since it breaks the builds for
older versions (and that's the reason nowarn_deprecated_type has been
added).

Any suggestions?  The error message itself does not make much sense to me.

Regards.