[erlang-questions] Reusing servers in a new supervision tree

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Thu Apr 10 16:12:10 CEST 2014

> On another hand if you have processes A, B, C, D, E and F but B, D and F form a functional subsystem.
> Would it make sense to run them behind own supervisor? Thus, you can configure run time to switch on / off subsystem by starting stopping supervisors.

Well, in the "testing" mode, the supervision tree really isn't as
important as in production mode - we just need all the executables
that are behind the erlang services up and running.  So far it looks
like using terminate_child to swap modes is the easiest thing... I
just wanted to check and see if the idea was not completely abhorrent
to right minded Erlang programmers.

Thank you
--
David N. Welton