[erlang-questions] kv store as a service

Chris Molozian chris.molozian@REDACTED
Mon Apr 7 01:14:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

Based on your requirements:
- unlimited disk space
- each value is an SVG document (and its history)
- minimum cost
- minimum administration

I wonder if you might be interested in a service like Orchestrate (http://orchestrate.io/docs/). I’m an engineer at Orchestrate, we’re big fans of Erlang as most of us worked on Riak before building this service.

I think Orchestrate could be a good fit because:
- the pricing model is based on MOps (per million requests) with a free tier of 1MOp/month.
- we do not charge for disk usage.
- all data in the service is immutable, with “ref” history (you can retrieve previous versions of a KV object)
- there is no administration overhead, we’re the infrastructure team for you

Normally I'm wary of promoting a company (when working for them) on a community mailing list, but in this case I really do think we could be a good fit.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Chris

--
Chris Molozian
Software Engineer

Sent with Airmail

On 5 April 2014 at 18:02:55, t x (txrev319@REDACTED) wrote:

I should also add, for this particular case, HDFS as a service would
work for me too -- all what I really need is just a k/v store.