[erlang-questions] Problem with Beam process not freeing memory

Gustav Simonsson gustav.simonsson@REDACTED
Mon Sep 16 22:23:57 CEST 2013

Could be the memory previously allocated by the BEAM is still counted as
VmRss after it has freed the memory back to Linux.

Comparing /proc/meminfo before and after the internal cleanup task in your
Erlang app has run might give some ideas.

Also, what happens with reported values after manually dropping the page
cache [1]?

Cheers,
Gustav

[¡] http://linux-mm.org/Drop_Caches