[erlang-questions] Maps branch and disclaimers

Björn-Egil Dahlberg egil@REDACTED
Wed Oct 30 17:50:22 CET 2013

I've pushed some fixes mentioned in this thread to the otp repo at GitHub.

- Tomas Abrahamsson reported a compiler bug. A failure label jump within
an allocate/deallocate block.
This has been fixed, my Canucks beats the Blues solution was correct.

- Pierre Fenoll reported that fcall()#{ ... }did not compile.
I'm still iffy about a using a call expression directly.  However
(fcall())#{ ... }did not compile either and this has been fixed. Maps
operating on expressions, not only variables, are now made safe in
v3_core. As for call expressions directly .. I will take it under
consideration.

- Daniel Goertzen reported that maps:map/2 was not working as intended.
This goes to show that, code that is not tested does not work.
maps:map/2 has been fixed and tests has been added for the non-bifs. =)

I will sprinkle these kind of fixes to the branch in the otp repo.

// Björn-Egil