[erlang-questions] Örebro Functional Programmers, Erlounge Oct 31

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Oct 10 17:13:32 CEST 2013

Some of you may recall that we had an Erlang Users Group Meeting in Örebro last year?

It was such a raging success (three of us met and had great conversation over beer), that we decided to take it to the next level.

On October 31, we will have a first meeting of the Örebro Functional Programmers group.

http://www.meetup.com/Orebro-Functional-Programmers/events/143274802/

The concept is borrowed from the Stockholm Erlounges, where different companies would take turns hosting the event - first one out will be the consulting firm Sogeti. As Rockstar Invited Speaker we have secured John Hughes, and representing the locals, Ulf Wiger will give a talk.

The topic of these meetings will not be specifically Erlang. Since we know of only two Erlang programmers (+ one ex Erlang programmer, and apparently an "Elixir apprentice") in Örebro, we will try to broaden the scope and touch on cool modern technologies with a certain bent towards functional programming. Thus, we will not assume prior Erlang (or even functional programming) knowledge at these events.

If you live nearby, or otherwise have a secret urge to visit Örebro in October, you're welcome to sign up.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com