[erlang-questions] Creating an ssl over TCP ping server

Ryan Brown ryankbrown@REDACTED
Sun Oct 6 01:33:49 CEST 2013

Thanks Wes. This looks like this will do what I need and more. I like the
use of cowboy but was honestly looking for a simple example of setting-up a
listener without the use of cowboy. Mostly for my edification.

Best,

Ryan

On Friday, October 4, 2013, Wes James wrote:

> You can take a look at  this to see if it helps:
>
> https://github.com/comptekki/esysman/blob/master/src/ecom.erl
>
> I can install this on windows/linux/mac workstations and then send
> commands to it from the esysman console.
>
> -wes
>

> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Ryan Brown <ryankbrown@REDACTED<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'ryankbrown@REDACTED');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Ok, this seems like it should be a very simple thing to do but I appear
>> to be having trouble finding documentation on how to do it without
>> incorporating external resources. I just want a simple module where I can
>> generate load via https without using a webserver library like ibrowse to
>> recieve the messages.
>>
>> Essentially, I just need something like this:
>>
>> start(port) ->
>>     start_webserver_listening_on_port(port),
>>     receive_loop().
>>
>> receive_loop() ->
>>     whatever.
>>
>> client(Msg_To_Send) ->
>>     send_msg_to_server_started_above(Msg_To_Send).
>>
>> These can/maybe should be, different modules. That's fine. I just want to
>> do this in pure erlang and cannot seem to get it worked-out from what I can
>> find online. (Feeling dumb)
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Ryan
>>
>> --