[erlang-questions] Maths Problem -> 2452.45*100. = 245244.99999999997

Bohuslav Svancara bsvancara@REDACTED
Thu Nov 28 00:07:11 CET 2013

It must be some misunderstanding.

This is my result in Erlang:

28 * 85 * 312 * 5 / 0.85.
4.368e6

or

28 * 85 * 312 * 5 / (85 / 100).
4.368e6

or

28 * 85 * 312 * 5 / (85 * 0.01).
4.368e6

or using "decimal":

decimal:divide(
decimal:multiply(28,decimal:multiply(85,decimal:multiply(312,5))),
 decimal:divide(85,100) ).
{0,43680,2}

or

decimal:divide(
decimal:multiply(28,decimal:multiply(85,decimal:multiply(312,5))),
decimal:multiply(85,0.01) ).
{0,4368,3}

No problem anywhere. Correct?

Bob