[erlang-questions] [ANN] Esysman 1.2

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Tue Nov 26 20:29:31 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Andreas Stenius <andreas.stenius@REDACTED
> wrote:

> 2013/11/22 Wes James <comptekki@REDACTED>
>
>> I have updated Esysman to 1.2:
>>

> Having a short introduction as to what Esysman is (at a glance) would be
> nice
> for those not familiar with your project (me included).
>
> Cheers

Sorry about that.

ESysMan is a systems manager.  You set up a web service (cowboy) and talk
to it with a browser via websockets.  The console is a web page that has
your rooms that you click on a room name to view a particular room then in
each room you can run commands on the systems in that room (the layout for
the rooms is similar to the actual layout of the room).  You can run the
commands on individuall workstations or on the whole room of workstations.
Some commands that can be run are wol, restart, shutdown, copy (for copying
scripts or installer files to the workstations), run scripts or
applications that have been copied, ping, freeze/thaw/get status for
deepfreeze software.  At the top of the console you can see how many
systems are up in each room and a total for all rooms.  I also have a panel
for alerts that indicate which systems have the same user logged in more
than once (students aren't supposed to share accounts ;) ), and so forth.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

-wes