[erlang-questions] a question about NIFs

Paul Davis paul.joseph.davis@REDACTED
Mon Nov 18 18:23:53 CET 2013

For Jiffy specifically, there was some work [1] on getting it to yield
back to the VM more regularly. I haven't had enough time lately to
test it thoroughly but Sergey Urbanovich has done some important
ground work there. I'd also point out that I've never actually had a
report that Jiffy was the cause of scheduler issues.

There's also the "+scl false +zdss true" VM flags [2] that disable
some of the scheduling logic that caused issues in the first place if
you're in a bind with a given NIF.

[1] https://github.com/davisp/jiffy/pull/49
[2] https://gist.github.com/slfritchie/5624609