[erlang-questions] Failed to compile erlang R15B03-1 on FreeBSD10 with DTrace

Stanislav Sedov stas@REDACTED
Mon Nov 4 10:30:38 CET 2013

On Nov 4, 2013, at 12:34 AM, Motiejus Jakštys <desired.mta@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Stanislav Sedov <stas@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Motiejus!
>>
>> What other options do you have set?  Do you use GCC or CLANG?
>> Is HiPE enabled?
>
> Hi, Stanislav,
> I am compiling with GCC 4.6, HiPE is enabled. The only extra CFLAG is
> '-g', so I can see the stack trace in gdb (though error is the same
> without it). It is a fresh FreeBSD installation, thus, IIRC,
> everything else are defaults.

I just managed to built on HEAD with gcc 4.6, HiPE and dtrace enabled.
However, I’m running amd64.  I suspect that might be i386 thing as
i386 is definitely getting less testing exposure.

>> I’d also suggest to contact the port maintainer, olgeni@REDACTED,
>> and provide him with details.
>
> Thanks! Giacomo, here is a link to the original post:
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2013-November/075913.html
> Should I report this to GNATS?

Yes, I’d say this is the best way to go.

> An other DTrace related bug report[1] states a few steps how to enable
> DTrace on the system. As far as I understand, they are no longer
> needed in FreeBSD10?

I don’t have any of those set.  As far as I know you don’t need frame pointers
and symbols for dtrace to work as it uses CTF, but I may be wrong (I don’t know
much about dtrace, unfortunately).

--
ST4096-RIPE