[erlang-questions] Observer processes tab does not make sense

Jon Schneider jon@REDACTED
Thu May 23 11:02:43 CEST 2013

I'm looking at the output of i() and observer's processes tab and am
really struggling to make sense especially of the latter.

Most processes have zero Reds if I believe observer. Then a couple of
seconds later they don't. Or is it telling me Reds since I started looking
? i() output certainly makes more sense.

Do they use different units for heap and stack ?

Should I see anything that nearly agrees (taking into account the fact
that many processes are always changing) ?

Or is it that there is room for better documentation (otherwise this tool
seems somewhat untrustworthy) ?

This is emulator 5.9.3.1 on XP.

Jon