[erlang-questions] Maps

Natesh Manikoth shivajisainik@REDACTED
Fri May 10 15:41:47 CEST 2013

Erlang newbie here. This comment therefore is not about the merits of the
proposals.
I detect a certain tendency to dismiss suggestions if the suggestions are
not germane to that particular user's current (or past) needs. Maybe the
suggestions didn't originate from a particular community of Erlang users. I
hope things don't get dismissed because of NIH syndrome.
There are very few (a handful) who take the time and trouble ROK seems to
take to explore and explain the nuances of choices. I have followed his
passionate support of Frames and read his proposal and see the value of
something that replaces records. Since I am not a professional user of
Erlang I will leave it to others to debate the technical merits. I just
hope that folks ask the question whether it has to be an 'either/or'
decision between Maps and Frames - can it be both.

Now I will go back to watching these highly educational exchanges on the
technical merits of the proposals.

-A newbie