[erlang-questions] [ANN:] erlang_cep a new Complex Event Processing Library

Dan Macklin danmacklin10@REDACTED
Tue May 7 08:05:08 CEST 2013

> However, I fail to see the reason why this might be useful in this
> case, as I cannot see any REST API, and reduce functions are quite
> expensive (thus I imply there is no notion of "request", where you can
> implement your match/reduce functions).

Hi,

You're right the reduce is similar to Riak or CouchDB. I wanted to give
users the ability to iterate over matches within a window and perform logic
over them before the results are passed onto a subscribed process (this
could just be output formatting or simple averaging logic).  The difference
here is that the reduce function only runs when the CEP system finds a
match, and you can control the size of the matched data.  This should mean
that the amount of data that the reduce runs over is quite small.

However a rest interface seems a great idea, why didn't I think of that!  So
I'll add it to my todo list.

Many thanks

Dan