[erlang-questions] [ANN] erlbrew - bash script to help automate side-by-side Erlang installs on OS X

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Wed Mar 6 17:25:30 CET 2013

I did exactly the same thing a while before I knew about kerl - https://github.com/hyperthunk/evm/blob/master/evm. Mine doesn't even download/install, as I have a tendency to install OTP from git/source rather than the source tarballs. Funnily enough, a couple of weeks ago I wrote something similar for Haskell/GHC - https://github.com/hyperthunk/bashtools/blob/master/utilities/ghc-env.

Maybe one day someone will build a nice tool that can be configured to do this for any underlying tool chain, rather than having rvm, rbenv, virtualenv, cabal-dev, kerl, etc etc... :)