[erlang-questions] Erlang and/or MPI

Jonathan Schneider jon@REDACTED
Thu Jun 27 18:27:48 CEST 2013

> I certainly don't want to shoehorn erlang in where it's not appropriate.  I think (especially after reading these comments and further ponderation) that my first step should be to understand the resource and how best to use it (eg before Tuesday I'd never heard of Infiniband).

If this is the same Infiniband that connects switches last time I fiddled with it was between (Marvell) switches. (Our kit supports the usual range of SFP+ connecte fibres and direct attach cables but their dev kit had some Infiniband in the box.) It no more needed specific drivers than say a CAT5 cable would. If you really do mean some sort of PC network card and want any kind of performance you'll want C.

Jon