[erlang-questions] Using avconv from erlang

Michael Loftis mloftis@REDACTED
Sun Jun 23 18:09:47 CEST 2013

Yes erlyvideo was renamed flussonic, and also closed source now.  They
moved away from github at some point (not sure when, just noticed the
other day myself).  You can't download it without a license anymore
after the split point as far as I'm aware.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM, pablo platt <pablo.platt@REDACTED> wrote:
> @Max
>
> erlyvideo has interesting stuff in it but I couldn't find docs or active
> community.
> There are several versions and names (erlyvideo, flussonic) and it is not
> clear which one is active and open sourced.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but for me erlyvideo is not a true open source
> project like gproc, mochiweb, rabbitmq, cowboy and many other great
> projects.
>

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Max Bourinov <bourinov@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Pablo,
>>
>> check this out: https://github.com/erlyvideo
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Max
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM, pablo platt <pablo.platt@REDACTED>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to transcode a live RTMP stream with avconv from erlang.
>>> How do I need to use open_port to get output from avconv?
>>>
>>> The following doesn't work:
>>>
>>> start() ->
>>>     spawn(audio, start_avconv, []).
>>>
>>> start_avconv() ->
>>>     Port = open_port({spawn, "avconv -i rtmp://127.0.0.1/audio/test -f
>>> mp3 -"}, [binary, stream]),
>>>     read(Port, <<>>).
>>>
>>> read(Port, _Data) ->
>>>     receive
>>>         {Port, {data, NewData}} ->
>>>             io:format("~p~n", [NewData]),
>>>             read(Port, <<>>);
>>>         M ->
>>>             io:format("~p~n", [M])
>>>     end.
>>>
>>> Is there an erlang project that helps working with audio and video
>>> streams?
>>>
>>> Thanks

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler