[erlang-questions] Is export always better than complie(export_all)?

饕餮 249505968@REDACTED
Thu Jun 20 07:57:55 CEST 2013

I'm working in a program as 10,000 line code.
Most of the time the function are changing.

Like and some new function or change some old.
The program is not so big that we have no document to describe our module.
And all the team member should read all of the code.
And I usually use compile expert_all because I feel it make the work easier to handle
But one of my teammate said that I must never use export_all.
It's that necessary to use export() instead of compile(export_all)?
And what's the reason to use export?