[erlang-questions] Unloading all modules from ERL session

Roberto Aloi prof3ta@REDACTED
Fri Jun 14 13:11:40 CEST 2013

In Erlang, two and only two versions of the same module can coexist in the
run time system (an old version and a new version). Processes running the
old version of the code will keep running that version (even if you load a
new version of the module) until they make a fully qualified call to the
module itself (I.e. M:F(A)). If you add a third version of the code in the
system (e.g. you load a module twice) the "very old" version gets purged
and those processes executing the obsolete version get killed. You can also
use code:purge and code:soft_purge to "force" this behaviour. Look at the