[erlang-questions] Issues with stdin on ports

Anthony Grimes i@REDACTED
Mon Jul 29 11:19:25 CEST 2013

Hey Robert.

I don't think C nodes help in this case, and they don't solve the general problem. One of my use cases is talking to pygmentize, which is a Python program. If I want to do that, I have to write a middleman program that does the actual communication with this program and talks to my Erlang program over a socket, or via ports if I make the middleman program look for some specific sequence of bytes to treat as EOF since I can't send actual EOF.