[erlang-questions] binary typed schema-less protocol

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Fri Jul 26 12:40:47 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED> wrote:
> BERT? msgpack?

Thanks for the replies, I learnt something new today.

The protocol I was looking for was not mentioned here. However,
msgpack is closest to what I am looking for. I will know if it is once
I check better how it is written.

I should have said that I am going to use this from C (client-side, my
job) and Something (server-side, not yet known whose job). An
important goal of this is to be really portable and multiplatform.

I would like to introduce schema, but want to keep the dependencies as
simple and as small as possible (ideally, none, thus asked for that
simple format). I and am not aware of any IDLs that are small and
clean (say a shared library in clean C or C++98).

--
Motiejus Jakštys