[erlang-questions] binary typed schema-less protocol

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Jul 26 11:20:56 CEST 2013

On 26 Jul 2013, at 07:26, "Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> Ad-hoc communication with other not-written-by-you components
> sounds a bit more like JSON or BSON, or _possibly_ BERT.
>
> UBF's strength is being able to slot a "contract checker"
> in between two components

At Feuerlabs, we use (among other things) BERT [1] and
Yang [2] (RFC 6020) to accomplish RPCs with contract checking.

In addition, our BERT implementation has access control lists and
is pretty flexible about transport and authentication (with the option
of an authentication plugin), and our Yang compiler (developed in
cooperation with Tail-f) can generate Erlang code from a spec and
has a facility to validate a JSON-style RPC against the 'contract'.

Documentation is a bit sparse (hrm…) but our support staff can be very helpful.

[1] https://github.com/Feuerlabs/bert
[2] https://github.com/Feuerlabs/yang

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com