[erlang-questions] advice needed: cleanup after a timeout (using gproc?)

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Jul 20 08:39:03 CEST 2013

19 jul 2013 kl. 23:31 skrev Paul Rubin <paul@REDACTED>:

> Another idea is to add "zero-crossing detection" to gproc itself, but before I ask Ulf whether he'd accept such a patch

I don't think I would accept such a change to aggregated counters, since that would require an extra lookup for each call to update_counter() *and* a race condition, since the check could trigger in any process.

One thing that would make sense is to complement gproc with measurement facilities that could e.g. trigger on thresholds. I've thought about that for quite a while, but nowadays, perhaps some alignment with folsom would be the way to go...

*That* would be an area where I would welcome patches and suggestions. :)

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Feuerlabs, Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com