[erlang-questions] how can I run emacs from erlang

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Tue Jul 16 18:56:11 CEST 2013

Probably not what you want, but I just remembered that I use this handy little tool daily :-)

https://github.com/tonyrog/error_emacs

(patch that can capture crashing gen_servers are welcome :-)

/Tony

On 16 jul 2013, at 16:00, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> Is there a simple way to run emacs from erlang?
>
> This doesn't work
>
> > os:cmd("emacs").
> "emacs: standard input is not a tty\n"
>
> I just want to pop up a window with emacs in it (and some text in a buffer)
> and get the text back when the user quits emacs
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> And no - I don't want to run erlang inside emacs - I want the other way around.
>
> Cheers
>
> /Joe

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"