[erlang-questions] Erlang terminating with dump

Yash Ganthe yash_ganthe@REDACTED
Thu Jul 11 15:56:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

My Erlang setup is:
Erlang R15B01 (erts-5.9.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:1:1] [async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.9.1  (abort with ^G)
1> erlang:system_info(smp_support).
true

I have an application that uses an NIF to do certain things like read from Wepsphere MQ.

The application runs smoothly for a while, reading messages from MQ and processing them, and all of a sudden comes to a halt.
Using  the following, I have ensured that erl creates a dump
export RUN_ERL_LOG_MAXSIZE=10000000
export RUN_ERL_LOG_GENERATIONS=20
export ERL_CRASH_DUMP_SECONDS=-1
export ERL_CRASH_DUMP_NICE=1

The dump says:
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_terminated,log4erl,shutdown})

The part of the NIF which reads from MQ has exception handling that should print an error message. This does not get printed. I am not sure if the NIF is causing the issue.

Is there any better way to identify the root cause of the problem?

Thanks,
Yash

DISCLAIMER