[erlang-questions] internal error in v3_life

Yash Ganthe yash_ganthe@REDACTED
Thu Jul 11 11:50:12 CEST 2013

Thanks Tuncer. That was it. The module was not packaged by reltool. Got it working now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tuncer Ayaz [mailto:tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:32 PM
To: Yash Ganthe
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] internal error in v3_life

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Yash Ganthe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error in my Erlang OTP application running
> with
>
> Erlang R15B01 (erts-5.9.1) [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:0]
> [kernel-poll:false]
>
> It is reporting an issue with a case_clause, but is not pointing out
> the precise case clause.
>
> Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yash
>
> ------
>
> (myapp@REDACTED)2> :none: internal error in v3_life;^M
>
> crash reason: {{case_clause,^M
>                 {'EXIT',^M
>                  {undef,^M
>                   [{v3_life,module,^M

Have you checked that the v3_life module is available?

There was a similar problem in a reltool generated release. The issue was that the nodetool escript had a compile directive and the release was missing modules in lib/compile/ebin. So, the compiler was incomplete and unable to function. BTW, another common case where the Erlang compiler is needed in a release are Yaws applications.

Relevant discussion(s):
https://github.com/rebar/rebar/issues/64
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2013-April/073185.html
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2013-April/073323.html