[erlang-questions] [ANN] barrel: a simple TCP Acceptor pool,

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Jul 9 00:55:23 CEST 2013

I just released barrel a simple TCP Acceptor pool,

https://github.com/benoitc/barrel/tree/master/src

The design of barrel differs from  ranch] [1] ). Instead of spawning w new
process once a connectino and passing the control of the socket to it which
can be slow, Barrel ois only spawning a new acceptors. The accepted socket
will continue to be used in the same process that  accepted it before. It
can be used in the case you don't need a strong supervision (though
acceptors are still supervised).

A simple example of its usage can be found here:

https://github.com/benoitc/barrel/tree/master/example/echo

Also sieve that I just released is using it:

https://github.com/benoitc/sieve

Enjoy!

[1] http://github.com/extend/ranch