[erlang-questions] can nodes fail/recover too fast to be seen?

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Fri Jul 5 19:00:30 CEST 2013

If it was an intermittent network issue, TCP can mask the problem and
Erlang would never know about it. And I believe Erlang depends on TCP
and explicit pings to detect dead nodes. But if remote failed node has
been restarted in mean time, Erlang will detect it as, IIRC, it
maintains some kind of "node version" in it's distribution protocol
state.