[erlang-questions] [HEADS UP] Emysql driver

Fri Jul 5 17:30:59 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Barco You <barcojie@REDACTED> wrote:

> Thank you all.
>
> Whats the maximum connections can it bear when add a pool? If I use Cowboy
> to provide a REST API for data query and I start up the http listener with
> 10000 acceptors and 10000 emysql connections, does that mean i can support
> 10000 concurrency?

MySQL will probably not handle 10000 simultaneous connections well. The
idea is to keep the connection count lower, around 100 perhaps, and then
use other methods if you need a higher concurrency count. Note that while
you have an HTTP connection, you might only be communicating with the
underlying database for a short amount of time. And then most of the time
is spent sending a result back to the client and so on. In other words, it
might not gain you much to have a high connection count to MySQL. Rather,
you should tune.