[erlang-questions] OTP R16 beta is soon to be released, help us test it!

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Jan 28 17:04:52 CET 2013

> Hi,
>
> The R16 beta (called R16A by tradition) will be released on Wednesday,
> January 30:th.
>
> We encourage you to test it and come with feedback as soon as possible so
> that we if necessary can make corrections before the R16B release on
> February 28.
>
> There are a number of intentional incompatibilities (since this is a new
> major release) which we have judged to be good for the continued
> development of Erlang/OTP, but that will require no or minor changes on
> existing applications.

The beta release is extensively tested by us, but since there are many
changes we can never know if there has slipped in some unexpected
incompatibilities or other problems that don't show up in our tests. So
please try to build and run your current products/applications and tell us
if you find any unexpected problems, that cannot be explained with the
description of potential incompatibilities that you will find in the README
of the release.

/Regards Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson