[erlang-questions] If you are homesick for object.selector

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 18:41:35 CET 2013

I'm not making a judgement call on any of it, whether it's worth it or
not or something to aim for, at least not in that post.

It just striked me as somewhat peculiar to ask to change the
associativity of one of the most basic operators of a language to be
able to get something that looks different/shorter to call functions
around following countless arguments on the same topic in the last few
days.

I don't know why making calls chainable that way is *that* desirable, as
I tend to prefer unambiguous (even if verbose) code to optimized code
throughput on a per-character basis,  but Evan Miller certainly desires
it a whole damn lot. He's got to make that square peg fit real hard :)

Regards,
Fred