[erlang-questions] Need help with folsom usage

André Graf andre@REDACTED
Wed Jan 23 18:42:10 CET 2013

Hi Max

I guess you've found out how to create a meter e.g.
folsom_metrics:new_meter({meter, my_cool_meter}).
as a next step you update the meter e.g.
folsom_metrics:notify({{meter, my_cool_meter}, 1}).
and for reading out the value you would use e.g.
folsom_metrics:get_metric_value(my_cool_meter).
In the case of the meter, folsom internally calculates the mean rates
and exponentially weighted moving averages of your meter that you can
read out with the call above. That's it, if you want to have snapshots
on your metrics you have to do that by yourself (same holds for
graphing the data).

Hope this helped
Best,
André