[erlang-questions] Improve $handle_undefined_function

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue Jan 22 17:11:38 CET 2013

On 22 Jan 2013, at 17:05, Loïc Hoguin wrote:

> No one forces me, or anyone else, to use it. Indeed we can recommend people not use it and tell people to avoid using libraries that are using it, and if they still do tell them to *really* be careful about it. All this not because we think the *feature* is bad, but because the *implementation* can easily lead to user error.

This happens to be the exact same advice as for the original error_handler and libraries that rely on error_handler modifications - although the risk of collateral damage is much smaller with $handle_undefined_function...

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com