[erlang-questions] C nodes and OTP

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Jan 16 18:44:45 CET 2013

Hi David,

one potential pitfall with C nodes in general, regardless of pure message
based or erl_rpc, comes when your C node does something time consuming.
That is, your C node is not responding to ERL_TICK in a timely fashion. The
connected Erlang nodes will then think that the C node has become
disconnected.

It is possible to recognise this situation from within the C node and
explicitly reconnect to an Erlang node. I'm away from my work just now, but
if you want an example, let me know and I'll send something round tomorrow.

Alternatively, your C node can use threading to handle messages. That goes
beyond my abilities ;-)

Robby

--
Sent from a mobile device, please excuse the typos.