[erlang-questions] C nodes and OTP

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Wed Jan 16 12:03:29 CET 2013

Hi

I'm trying to wrap my head around the "best" way to set up an
OTP-based system that comunicates with a C node.

My inclination so far is to set up a gen_server, and use handle_info/2
to deal with messages coming from the C node.

Looking at the C node example, it's all about messages, which seems to
be "the simplest thing that could possibly work", which is good.  I'm
wondering, though, if it makes more sense to try and call directly
into my gen_server's api with rpc, along the lines of what is being
done here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4749693/can-i-get-erlang-otp-behaviors-in-c-nodes

Any other tips/tricks/best practices/pitfalls to avoid would be welcome.

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/