[erlang-questions] install problem - wxwidgets, R15B03

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Sun Jan 13 02:38:36 CET 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm installing R15B03 on Debian Squeeze.  I've managed to resolve all
the dependency issues EXCEPT:
wxWidgets not found, wx will NOT be usable

I've tried:
- installing wxWidgets-2.8.12 from source, and
- installing the debian packages of
libwxgtk2.8-dev libgtk2.0-dev
from apt.wxwidgets.org

- installed the erlang-wx package from the debian repo (the only thing
not installed by the above)

And finally, per the directions in the ./config output, stating:
         Please check that wx-config is in path, the directory
         where wxWidgets libraries are installed (returned by
         'wx-config --libs' or 'wx-config --static --libs' command)
         is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent variable and
         wxWidgets version is 2.8.4 or above.
# which wx-config
/usr/local/bin/wx-config
# wx-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -pthread   -lwx_gtk2_richtext-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_aui-2.8
-lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2_adv-2.8
-lwx_gtk2_core-2.8 -lwx_base_xml-2.8 -lwx_base_net-2.8 -lwx_base-2.8
# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/lib

configure still gives the "not found" error

a lot of googling tells me at least a few other folks have this as their
last remaining install problem, as well.

Not really essential for my purposes, but still... is this a bug, or am
I missing something?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Miles Fidelman