[erlang-questions] Why system_flag(scheduler_bind_type) is deprecated?

Tue Jan 8 12:08:41 CET 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

> If erlyvideo is launched without +sbt spread flag, it looses packets from UDP because too many tasks are on one core.
> There are some erlang distributions (OS X, ubuntu package, some others) that are just halting if you pass +sbt flag.
> So I can't write proper init script that passes this flag or don't pass.

I think Rickard already said he would implement a "silent failure" flag for this, so you could do something like

erl +sbt db +sbt-ignore-failure

and have it work on, say, OSX because it would silently disable the flag. As you say, +sbt has too much of an impact in the real world to be ignored for certain types of load, so I still like the default of refusing to start if the bind type can't be satisfied.

Jesper Louis Andersen
  Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen