[erlang-questions] Why system_flag(scheduler_bind_type) is deprecated?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Tue Jan 8 12:04:00 CET 2013

Ok, Rickard. I see that you have to deal with much more complicated cases
that I have.

But current situation with flags and system_flag makes almost impossible to
distribute software than _needs_ spreading of tasks.

If erlyvideo is launched without +sbt spread flag, it looses packets from
UDP because too many tasks are on one core.
There are some erlang distributions (OS X, ubuntu package, some others)
that are just halting if you pass +sbt flag.
So I can't write proper init script that passes this flag or don't pass.

This is my problem.