[erlang-questions] rebar and erlang version compatibility

Rustom Mody rustompmody@REDACTED
Sun Jan 6 18:38:07 CET 2013

One of my colleagues whom I introduced rebar to asked me this.
Since I am out of depth in erlang matters rather quickly, hoping someone
here can help

------------------
The difficulty is with using Rebar with Erlang. I am using the following
versions:
Erlang-(R15B01)
rebar 2.1.0-pre R15B01

Q 1> Is this an incompatible combination?

I am having difficulties with './rebar -v generate'. I tried varied fudges
with
the reltool.config, but am unable to build an embedded node with my app.

My dir tree:
myproj/apps/myapp
myproj/rel
myproj/rel/reltool.config
myproj/rebar.config
myproj/rebar

myproj/rel directory tree generated with:
./rebar create-node nodeid=myapp

rebar.config has a single line:
        {sub_dirs, ["apps/myapp", "rel"]}.

reltool.config is:
        {sys, [  {lib_dirs , ["../apps"]},
       {erts, [{mod_cond, derived}, {app_file, strip}]},
       {rel, "", "1",[myapp,kernel,stdlib,sasl ]},
       {rel, "start_clean", "",[kernel,stdlib ]},
       {boot_rel, "myapp"},
       {relocatable, true},
       {profile, embedded},
       {incl_cond, exclude},
       {app, sasl, [{incl_cond, include}]},
       {app, stdlib, [{incl_cond, include}]},
       {app, kernel, [{incl_cond, include}]},
       {app, hipe, [{incl_cond, exclude}]},
       {app, myapp, [{mod_cond, app}, {incl_cond, include}]}
      ]}.

Q2> I find that the embedded node is not being generated.
    Can someone guide me to a solution (or the right forum) to raise this
question
    for a newbie?