[erlang-questions] erlang inside emacs issues

Rustom Mody rustompmody@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 16:05:07 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa@REDACTED>wrote:

> Ctrl-c is bound to the emacs command which means "pass the next
> keystroke to the inferior process". That's the reason why you use
> ctrl-c <x> to send <x> uninterpreted to erlang.
>
> Well the two keystrokes is hardly the problem !
That erlang hangs emacs is what I am asking about :D

On a related note surely C-c C-g should have been setup to send C-g to
erlang shell?

For now I have hacked up this elisp for this
However I find it hard to believe that I am the first one to want this

(defun inf-ctl-g ()
  (interactive)
  (comint-send-string (current-buffer) (make-string 1 ?\C-g)))

(add-hook 'erlang-shell-mode-hook
      (lambda ()
        (define-key erlang-shell-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-g") 'inf-ctl-g)))