[erlang-questions] parsetools 2.0.7 esyntax - Call to missing or unexported function erl_parse:*/*

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 15:41:11 CET 2013

On 01/02/2013 03:48 PM, Hans Bolinder wrote:

>> I fixed a few dialyzer warnings for leex and yecc.
>
> I agree that the return value of file:close/1 should be tested. Of
> some reason it has been practice not to do it, probably because it
> "always" returns 'ok'. There are hundreds of calls to file:close/1 in
> Erlang/OTP, and just a few of them test the return value. Maybe it'd be
> easier to fix them all at once. I'll put it on the to-do list.

I would strongly suggest that you start running dialyzer with the option
-Wunmatched_returns on, at least on selected OTP applications like erts,
kernel and stdlib.  Among other things, it reports all cases where
"complex" return values like tuples and lists are ignored in function
calls and it catches all cases like the ones of the file module.

A couple of weeks ago, I've submitted some patches that correct some of
the warnings for stdlib and kernel.  These are currently cooking in pu.
Your job will be easier once these are integrated.

Kostis