[erlang-questions] parsetools 2.0.7 esyntax - Call to missing or unexported function erl_parse:*/*

Hans Bolinder hans.bolinder@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 14:48:31 CET 2013

Hi,

> I stumbled upon some missing functions inside the syntax.yrl file of the parsetools
> application.
>
> esyntax.yrl:164: Call to missing or unexported function erl_parse:erlang_bif/2
> esyntax.yrl:202: Call to missing or unexported function erl_parse:is_term/1
> esyntax.yrl:271: Call to missing or unexported function erl_parse:erlang_guard_bif/2
> esyntax.yrl:283: Call to missing or unexported function erl_parse:erlang_guard_test/2
>
> What is the purpose of this file?  Should these errors be fixed? ignored? etc?

I think the file can be removed. I'll do that in R16B.

> I fixed a few dialyzer warnings for leex and yecc.

I agree that the return value of file:close/1 should be tested. Of
some reason it has been practice not to do it, probably because it
"always" returns 'ok'. There are hundreds of calls to file:close/1 in
Erlang/OTP, and just a few of them test the return value. Maybe it'd be
easier to fix them all at once. I'll put it on the to-do list.

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson