[erlang-questions] RIPEMD 160 in R16B

Radosław Misiuk poprosturadek@REDACTED
Mon Feb 25 12:55:14 CET 2013

Hello,

is there any possibility to add support for RIPEMD 160 in Erlang's
crypto module? There was even some topic on erlang-patches list about
this (http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2012-August/003003.html).

Also, would it be possible to add option like [hex] (or whatever) to
crypto's hash functions to allow them generating hex representations
instead of binary ones? I think it would more convenient than manually
converting binary into string representations.

Last questions I've got: due to adding more and more Unicode support to
Erlang, would it be possible in future to pass Unicode data into
crypto's functions directly? Now it generates an error and I have to
convert it using unicode module before passing into crypto's functions.

Regards,
Radek