[erlang-questions] two questions -- -boot in erlsrv and .erlang.cookies on windows

Janos Hary janos.n.hary@REDACTED
Mon Feb 11 13:46:52 CET 2013

On Windows you can place the .erlang and .erlang.cookie files in
ERL_TOP\usr. It's not a per user location but safer then HOME. (By default a
service runs as System user and you can try setting HOME in the 'System
variables' section of the Environment Variables window. Alternatively you
can specify a different user for the service, but that user needs 'Log on as
service' permission.)

For your other question I have no experience but according to the
documentation you should try invoking start_erl from erl_srv instead of
erl.exe.

Janos

From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Wes James
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 11:02 PM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] two questions -- -boot in erlsrv and
.erlang.cookies on windows

I have -boot working on linux.  Now I'm trying to get it to work with erlsrv
for windows.  I put the -boot in the args part of erlsrv, but it doesn't
seem to take.  Any ideas how to get this to work?

Also, I've tried several different folders for .cookie.erlang on windows and
I can't get it to take.  Even putting it in my c:\Users\username and run the
erlang app, it doesn't seem to be picked up.  If I run with -setcookie, it
works fine.  I run "set" on windows in cmd.exe and see the HOME var is  set.
Also, if I can get this to work, where would the .erlang.cookie go when run
as a service.  I just ran erl.exe and it did not create an .erlang.cookie in
my c:\Users\username folder (after I moved one that I had manually put
there).  Is it supposed to create one on windows?

Thanks,

Wes