[erlang-questions] How to get a worker's pid() after restarted by supervisor?

fxmy wang fxmywc@REDACTED
Thu Aug 29 09:03:29 CEST 2013

Hi dear fellow erlangers,

New to Erlang, I'm building a small comment backend for practice. By my
design there are many worker processes that handle comments posted from
different URLs, and these workers are all under simple_one_for_one
supervision.

I also decide to start a dispatcher process to map certain URL comment to
corresponding worker by worker_sup:start_child(URL) and then store returned
Pid.

So here comes the problem, I expect that worker may be restarted by
supervisor. Is there a way to get the worker's Pid after restarted by
supervisor, so that I can keep track of which URL comment should go for
which worker process?

Hope express myself clearly cause not a native speaker :)

B.R.