[erlang-questions] C:\Program Files\erlx.x.x\bin - yes or no?

Simon MacMullen simon@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 12:43:41 CEST 2012

When I install the 32 bit version of R15B02 on Windows, I get two
directories:

C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2\bin
C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2\erts-5.9.2\bin

both containing erl.exe, etc.

However, when I install the 64 bit version, I only get the latter one.
This is somewhat annoying, since the registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ericsson\Erlang\5.9.2

points to C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2. We've been assuming (in the
RabbitMQ Windows installer) that we can just stick a "\bin" on the end
of that and find erl.exe.

So is this a mistake in the build of the 64 bit binary, is there some
subtlety that I'm not understanding, or what? How should I locate erl.exe?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware